Saturday, August 21, 2010

I want to open my own massage therapy/day spa...?

Im going to school to be a massage therapist. And when I graduate. I want to open my own day spa, offering massage therapy and other spa services. I know that you have to be licensed to be a massage therapist (obviously) but do you have to get any kind of license to offer spa services such as facials, body wraps, etc??I want to open my own massage therapy/day spa...?
Yes, but it depends on the state. If you're in Texas, you have to license your establishment.


You should have formal training in Spa techniques, not just the hydrotherapy part of massage school. Hydro day gives just a sampling of what you can learn to do professionally.





I've been to massage school, and I'm an LMT here in Texas. The link is for Texas Dept of Health.

No comments:

Post a Comment